I had a Cucumber Collins at a bar in San Francisco with my mom. It was so refreshing and tangy, I had to make my own version…
To make the cucumber vodka:
I like to use Smirnoff vodka to infuse
- Clean a large jar that can hold at least 5 cups of liquid.
- Pour vodka into the jar but leave a couple inches at the top for the cucumber.
- Peel and de-seed 2 cucumbers. You can use English or regular cucumbers. It’s important to take the seeds out and peel it because it could turn your vodka bitter.
- Chop the cucumber into medium sized pieces and put into the vodka.
- Put on the lid to the jar and let sit at room temperature for 2-3 days. You will see that the cucumber will turn from green to white, thats when you know it’s finished.
- After 2-3 days, strain the vodka through a sieve, removing all of the cucumber. Put back into the jar & keep in the refrigerator or freezer.
To make the Cucumber Collins:
- Put ice in a large glass
- Squeeze 2-3 limes over the ice. I like mine very tangy, so I always use 3 limes.
- Pour in as much cucumber vodka as you like.
- Add 1/2 oz. St. Germain Liqueur (this can be purchased at any liquor store…it has citrus and tropical fruit notes and it’s not too sweet).
- Add a few dashes of Yuzu Juice (this can be purchased at an Asian food market or online…it can be expensive, but you only use a little bit and it’s definitely not the same drink without it!)
- Top off with club soda and stir everything together.